Capturing screens or screenshots is often used by users on Android smartphones, but not only mobile users because you can also do the same thing using a laptop or computer device on Windows 10.
How to take a screenshot on a laptop is very easy, friends, you just need to take a few steps to easily capture a screen or screenshot on your laptop screen or computer device.
Here’s an easy way to take screenshots on a Windows 10 laptop
How to take a screenshot on a laptop via PrtScn Key
The easiest way to keep a copy of whatever is on your computer screen is to press the ‘Print Screen’ button on your keyboard. Usually the keys are labeled ‘PrtScn’ and are located in the top row between or near the Function keys.
On some keyboards you may need to trigger the Print Screen using the Function key, in other words hold down the Function key then PrtScn. Windows displays several variations of PrtScn:
1. Press PrtScn. This method copies the entire screen to the clipboard. You can paste the screenshot into any program that displays images like Paint or Microsoft Word.
2. Press Alt+PrtScn. This method is to copy the active window to the clipboard which you can paste into another program.
3. Press Windows Key+Shift+S. The screen will dim and the mouse pointer will change. You can drag to select the part of the screen to be shot. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program.
4. Press Windows key + PrtScn. This method is intended to save the entire screen as an image file. You can find it in the ‘Pictures’ folder in a subfolder called Screenshots.
How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with the Snipping Tool
Microsoft includes a much more flexible screenshot utility with Windows 10 called the Snipping Tool. You can use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot and save it as an image file without first pasting the screenshot into another program.
Follow the screenshot method on a laptop using the following Snipping Tool:
1. Run the Snipping Tool from the Start menu
2. In the drop down menu, select the type of screenshot you want. You can choose anything from full screen, rectangle, to freeform.
3. Click New and your screen will freeze. You can then use the mouse to make screenshots. The screenshot will then appear in the Snipping Tool window.
4. If you want to include something like a tooltip, which only appears after a mouse movement, you can specify how long to wait before taking a screenshot using the Delay menu.
5. If you want, after you take a screenshot, you can use the drawing tool to annotate the screenshot.
6. When finished, click ‘File’, then Save As to save the finished screenshot to your computer.
7. You can also click the copy button in the Snipping Tool window to copy the image to your clipboard.
How to take a screenshot on a Windows 10 laptop with Game Bar
How to screenshot on the last laptop on this list is through the Game Bar. The Game Bar is an overlay that you can use in most Windows games to take screenshots and record videos. Here’s how to use it:
1. Start the game from the Start menu in the Xbox Console Companion program.
2. While playing a game, press Windows key + G. The Game Bar overlay will appear here.
3. Click the camera icon to take a screenshot or you can use a keyboard shortcut like Windows key + Alt + PrtScn.
The screenshot will be automatically saved to the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures. If you are playing the game on Steam, you can also press F11 to take a screenshot.